Despite legal protection under the Equality Act 2010, people with disabilities often face discrimination and prejudice. It is essential that anyone offering ‘goods, facilities or services’ or who employs someone with a disability, is aware of the barriers for people with disabilities and understand their legal responsibilities under the Act.
Any person who offers a service to the public, or who employs someone with a disability
- To give a brief overview of disability issues including the legislative framework and individual responsibilities, and how discrimination can impact on an individual with disabilities
By the end of the session you will:
- understand the legal definition of disability
- have knowledge of different types of disability
- understand the term “reasonable adjustments” and have considered ways to implement them
- understand the importance of effective communication with individuals with disabilities.
Interested in this course? enquire here firstname.lastname@example.org