Equality & Diversity is often viewed as nothing more than a ‘tick box’ exercise – something that we have to deal with, rather than want to. Whilst this course does deal with the legislative requirements under the Equality Act 2010, it will also challenge some of the preconceptions and stereotypes that exist around equality & diversity and demonstrate the benefits to your business of having a proactive approach to the issues.
Anyone who’s interested!
- To increase participants’ understanding of the impact that equality & diversity can have on organisations and individuals
- To raise awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and how it applies in practice.
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand the difference between equality, equal opportunities and diversity
- Understand some key points from the Equality Act 2010
- Understand the term “discrimination” and how it is applied in the Act
- Have an awareness of the impact that discrimination may have on the individual